Friday, December 30, 2011

Blessed is the man who trusts in You. . .

The other day while cleaning out a closet I ran across old manuscript copies of "The Kissing Spot". I have many of them scattered throughout the house in different files. Honestly, the material hasn't changed much in the fourteen years I have been working on it, but I have changed. The manuscript represents something more than just a book as I reflect on it now. It represents a life changed. Being a mother for the last 20 years to a special needs daughter has taught me how to trust in God. One of my greatest weaknesses has been thinking "I am in control". Through my own growth I have learned I never was. I have a daughter who is special needs and nothing I have been able to do has changed the fact that she cannot walk. I cannot "fix" her. I have struggled to control MANY things through the last 25 years and over the last 4 years I have truly learned how to LET GO and LET GOD. These words have true meaning now and my actions reflect what has changed in my life. The lie attached to "staying in control" was "it is up to me".

This year is the start of a new beginning for my family. I am remarried to a beautiful Godly man. I have a grateful heart for all that the Lord has done in my life as I have followed Him and loved Him. God has truly blessed me and I am humbled.

I plan to continue on the path to publish "The Kissing Spot" as God leads me. I know who is in control and all along He has been at work. May it not be another 14 years 'til I see this book published, however if it is, I will wait for the Lord! In many ways I believe God has been waiting on me.

Praise be to the Lord,
for he has heard my cry for mercy.
The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trust in him, and I am helped.
My heart leaps for joy......Psalms 28:8-9

God's blessings on you~
Terri Kellogg

No comments:

Post a Comment