Monday, July 16, 2012

~The Gift and Gift Giver~

                                               My precious gift
                                         
                                               priceless treasure,

                                                   desireable,

                                           so precious and adored.

                                           Blessing beyond words.

                                Yet the Gift Giver is the one to look to.

                                         Not to be obsessed by the gift,

                            but to appreciate the gift with a grateful heart~

                                            praising the Gift Giver.

                                    A gift cannot meet my every need,

                                             but the Gift Giver can.

                                  My eyes will remain on the Gift Giver.
                                                                                                        Terri Kellogg



I said to the Lord, "You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing." David wrote in Psalms what he knows is true ~ every blessing and every good thing in life, is a gift from God. They are trusted to us. Owned by the Gift giver. Let us not be obsessed or possessed by our gifts entrusted to us. God describes David as a man after His(God's) own heart. As David did ~ I desire also to keep God as the most important focus in my life. Lord help me keep your perspective on my life.

Is there a "Gift" in your life that sometimes shifts your focus off the Gift Giver? A job, friend, husband, child, ministry...You will know this is true when your happiness becomes dependent on your "gift" or circumstances ~ for nothing will satisfy our soul apart from God first in our life. We are made to worship Him.

I am thankful ~ Thank you Jesus for hearing my prayers and blessing me with a man who leads me and loves you like David.

No comments:

Post a Comment