Wednesday, July 4, 2012

~Where to find rest~

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust...He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. Psalm 91:1,2,4



Do you have fears that keep you from taking the next step God has called you to do? I know for myself it has taken years to recognize fear for what it is. Fear many times is subtle...quiet. Sometimes I hear it trying to sneak up behindme to distract me from my forward movement. Other times in comes in plan view and as I steer clear, it tries to trip me up. I have grown to recognize many faces of my own fears: fear of failure, fear of loss of control, fear of rejection to name a few.

Now, they aren't so blatent, but rather quiet cleverly disguised through the years...For example fear of failure. I would clearly say I am not a perfectionist but I don't want to fail~ who does right? However, sometimes my overthinking a situation in order to make the "best" decision possible. I become the person who has procrastinated unintentionally proving the point of not being a perfectionist. The fear behind that crazy thinking is....fear of failure. It may be hard to follow if this is not your situation.

Regardless, the truth is I do not want to be a perfectionist or a procrastinator. I want to be an obedient child of God. So as I continue taking each cobblestone step forward toward publishing In That Secret Place [which is now published and available on Amazon.com] . I will not look to the left or to the right, because I know my Savior is protecting me, guiding me and loving me along the way and I rest in the shadow of His wings. I do not have to figure it all out ~ I trust in Him who knows the way.

   

What is the fear that binds you? Fear of the unknown? Fear of loss? Ask God to show you and He will. Truth of God's word: Perfect Love casts out fear.(1John 4:18)

Look at the mother swan in the picture above and know your heavenly Father loves you perfectly ~ fear not.

No comments:

Post a Comment