Thursday, November 8, 2012

4 Books that have changed my Life!

First and foremost #1 is God's words. True and powerful. I need it, as food for my soul and water for my thirst. Last night as I was "stressing out" as Hope refers to it. Her and my husband, Don began to sing, "Shout to the Lord all the earth let us sing. Power and majesty praise to the King. Mountains fall down and the seas roar at the sound of your Name." (I hope I got the words right, because Hope usually is correcting me as I sing, so excuse any wrong words). The praise song from God's word lifted my soul and I became thankful. I know if I am discontent it is, because I have neglected to spend adequate time being nourished by God's word. The answer is to slow down, sit down and pull out my Bible and praise Him. It works every time!!

The other 3 books:
During a period of great growth in my life I was reading daily from Courage to Change, One Day at a Time in Al-Anon and The Language of Letting Go. These 3 books helped me learn how to keep my focus off fixing and controlling other people and recognizing what that looked like~ because I didn't even realize I did it. Let's just give one example: If you say something once, that is OK. If you repeat yourself, then you are trying to control or change a person or situation to what is your own desires= to what makes you comfortable. I also learned how to change this way of thinking and behaving ~ to acceptance, love and letting go. Over responsiblity and care giving can enable an other's growth and responsibility for them self. This can be frustrating, overwhelming in the beginning as you let go, but it is a more joyful way of living. The awareness and practical application these books brought into my life are immeasurable. I have learned to recognize quicker when I am trusting in myself instead of trusting in God.

As Don and Hope finished singing I joined them,  "I sing for joy at the works of your hands forever I praise you, forever I stand. Nothing compare to the promise I have in YOU!"



1 comment:

  1. Amen! I am encouraged by the words of the Lord, right through you!!! Thank you...:)
    Love in Christ, Polly Arnold

    ReplyDelete