Friday, November 16, 2012

Thank you ~ my dear friends!

     This week I have been troubled by something. You know that saying~ you don't know another person's hardships until you have walked a mile in their shoes? I do not want to be that person who bemoans past difficulties in order to receive love and understanding from others. However, there has been a silence on my part in the past to protect. It was not out of denial, it was my self perseverance and protection mode. As I have walked this road since my divorce I daily remind myself I live to glorify God and it is Him who I seek to please. He alone knows my heart.  I know I have struggled with judging so I understand those who judge and I have been one to withhold and punish~ so I get it. It falsely seems like the correct behavior at times. . . I still find myself doing this more often than I would like to admit. I believe those who are more aware of the mercy and forgiveness they have received throughout their life - are able to extend it to others freely. I have been that person in the past who has withheld my encouragement or acceptance of someone I did not deem worthy. They had to prove themselves faithful, trustworthy = perfect. Not too many of those out there. So now as I have been on the other side of receiving, I see clearly it is not how Christ calls us to love. I have received great mercy, love and forgiveness and I am thankful to be growing in this area of extending the same to others. Who am I? Not a perfect person, but I have the perfect example of unconditional love.

Today I write this with a VERY thankful heart to many dear friends who have shown the same love to me. . . I have learned so much from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment