Friday, November 5, 2010

Maybe this is it?

I am walking through another door He has opened. I submitted my manuscript to a writing contest through Women of Faith. I hadn't planned on going to Women of Faith and decided at the last minute to go. I didn't notice the contest listed in the material, but a friend pointed it out to me. I had been hoping to hear already from the other door I walked through a month ago, but this is obviously not in my timing. I tell myself I have waited 13 years, what is a couple months?

This reminds me of the adoption process we went through 19 years ago. At one point I was severely disappointment with God following the loss of 2 children we tried to adopt. I had believed it was God's will only to later be devastated when another family was chosen for the 2 children. I had believed they were the ones. I look back and see God's hand all along. He had a plan much greater than mine and He gave me something I never wanted...A BABY! God knew my need~even though I would have argued that I never wanted a baby.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord (Isaiah 55:8).

So I will walk through this opened door. . . maybe this is the one? Only you know Lord and I trust in YOU.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. Maybe this is the one. When we see the perfect and precious blessing God granted in your waiting for Hope, we can be sure to know that the timing will be right again. He wants us al to never lose Hope.

    ReplyDelete