Monday, March 19, 2012

Healing and prayer.....

Very recently I was at a place where time stood still...a place between life and death. Where the knowledge of life as I knew it and felt somewhat in control of was possibly coming to an end. I am not exaggerating as God knows my heart. I was desperately crying out to God for healing of a loved one. God's word is very clear, I am the Lord that heals you. Exodus 15:26 It is who He is and what He does. I prayed knowing this~"Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petition that we have asked." 1John 5:14-15 The word of God is the will of God. So I cried out to God everyday. Not wanting to be proud in demanding my way be done, but I cried out to Him for healing of someone I love. God heard my cries and answered my prayer and healed my loved one. I again am thankful and praise Him everyday for healing.

Does God always heal? I don't believe it is always His will. Does He always answer our prayers? I believe He does. And that may sound contradictory, but we do not know the mind of God. His ways are not our ways...it is about the big picture.

After Hope's adoption at 3 months old strangers and friends would come up and tell me they were praying for her healing. She had an obvious scarred scalp from the instrument used in the abortion and her body was stiff and nonconforming. She was severely developmentally delayed, but she had a smile and laugh that brought tears to your eyes. Hope was God's miracle little girl, this is the way I saw her. I often would thank the well meaning encouragers and let them know the great work God had already done by sparing her life. Through the years there were many times I prayed for needs to be met and God was more than faithful. Physical healing Hope has not received and at times I question, "Was it my lack of faith from the beginning?" Then I read in John 9:3 "Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus.(referring to the blind man from birth) "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life." John 9:3 Hope glorifies God in her life through the love and joy she freely gives to others. To be content in a body less than perfect speaks volume.


Through trials leaning on Jesus is where the strength comes from. Those times are tremendous blessings, because it is what we were created for~to walk closely with Jesus depending on Him not trusting in ourselves. In healing there is so much thankfulness, Lord, let me not forget what You have done.





What is it that you want Jesus to do for you? Come believing He is able to do immeasurable more than all we ask or imagine....to Him be the Glory. Ephesians 3:20-21

What does the Lord want from us? 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind,' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' Matthew 22:37-38

God promises... you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:12+13

No comments:

Post a Comment