Monday, October 28, 2013

We are all like grasshoppers?!

I was running this morning when I heard a verse I had not paid attention to before...

He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. Isaiah 40:22




I stopped running and looked it up on my Bible Gateway. Grasshoppers? It really hit me funny! It kinda reminds me of how my husband and I like to look in people's window at night (as we drive by houses on our way from here to there~ not peeping as a hobby!) and the lights are on and you see people moving around and living life. We reflect on it every time. . .maybe that is how God looks down on us as we go hopping about as grasshoppers? I know it is being used metaphorically and I like the picture. I believe it puts our life into God's perspective and if we allow it to penetrate our mind we will know "He has got "this" under control. 

I believe it is a message for today with everything that is gong on in the government, all the unknowns, insurance costs...expense of living growing to be more than what we earn. The path our country is taking = many unknowns and anxiety is rising. I could see it in the parking lot at the grocery today. People are distracted in a hurry, not paying attention. We as Believers do not want to walk in fear, because we know who holds the future and our worries, frustrations, anger, rage add nothing only take away our peace of mind. We can trust in Him who has always been. Let God's word saturate your heart.

Isaiah 40:21-31 
Do you not know? 
Have you not heard?
Has it not been declared to you from the beginning?
Have you not understood from the foundations of the earth? 
It is He who sits above the circle of the earth,
And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers,
Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain
And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.
He it is who reduces rulers to nothing,
Who makes the judges of the earth meaningless. 
Scarcely have they been planted,
Scarcely have they been sown,
Scarcely has their stock taken root in the earth,
But He merely blows on them, and they wither,
And the storm carries them away like stubble. 
“To whom then will you liken Me
That I would be his equal?” says the Holy One. 
Lift up your eyes on high
And see who has created these stars,
The One who leads forth their host by number,
He calls them all by name;
Because of the greatness of His might and the strength of His power,
Not one of them is missing. 
Why do you say, O Jacob, and assert, O Israel,“My way is hidden from the Lord,
And the justice due me escapes the notice of my God”? 
Do you not know? 
Have you not heard?
The Everlasting God, the Lord,
 the Creator of the ends of the earth does not become weary or tired.
His understanding is inscrutable.
 He gives strength to the weary, 
And to him who lacks might He increases power. 
Though youths grow weary and tired,
And vigorous young men stumble badly, 
Yet those who wait for The Lord
Will gain new strength;
They will mount up with wings like eagles,
They will run and not get tired,
They will walk and not become weary. 

He is above All things ~ and NOTHING is hidden from Him ~ not even the grasshoppers. 

If you don't know Jesus as your Savior then today is the day, for tomorrow may never come. Simply pray "Jesus I pray knowing you are the one true God and you died for my sins, I repent of my sins and ask that you forgive me of my sins that I may live for you and someday live eternally with you in heaven." You will never be alone and as you pray and seek after God with all your heart He will lead and guide your steps. Read and obey His word daily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment